News Archives
Woman recently questioned by police becomes 20th murder victim for 2024
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 09:16 PM
NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Police say a woman, who was in police custody over the weekend for questioning in connection with another murder, was shot dead Wednesday night, in a triple shooting incident which occurred on Ragged Island Street and Cordeaux Avenue.
Initial police reports indicate that shortly after 7pm on January 31, 2024, officers received reports of a triple shooting incident on Ragged Island Street; two females and one male were reportedly shot.
The deceased appears to be in her mid 30's, police said.
Officers on the scene of the crime said the other two victims were taken to hospital with gunshot wounds, their condition is unknown at this time.
This triple shooting incident pushes the country's murder count to 20 for 2024.
Sports Minister: BAISS Championships "May Be Postponed"
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:30 PM
Bahamasair Partners With NFL Flag Bahamas
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:30 PM
Pair Arraigned for January 27 Stabbing
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:30 PM
Fair Play Set To Reopen After Social Media Backlash
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:30 PM
Father of Missing Kyle Carey: I Really Believe He's Out There Somewhere
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:00 PM
NASSAU, BAHAMAS - Despite his 20-year-old son being missing since last may, Keith Carey says he and his family still believe the nightmare they've been living for the last 8 months will have a happy ending.
Supreme Court Judge: Bring Him To Court Or Pay
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:00 PM
Tourism Minister: Our Brand Is Strong
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:00 PM
Creative Arts School Hopes To Open Doors In 2026
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 07:00 PM
Tourism officials hope to reverse blocked bookings from Grand Bahama to Florida
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 06:05 PM
Pia Glover-Rolle says a 'peacefull meeting' will take place with Labour, the hotel union and Atlantis
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 05:22 PM
TOP executives of the Bahamas Hotel Catering and Allied Workers Union (BHCAWU) and Atlantis Resort were scheduled to meet yesterday to try to resolve wage increase issues for employees who fall under the tipping category.
Davis calls on businesses to join programme using CCTVS with facial recognition technology
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 04:30 PM
Frustrations mount over business license delays
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 04:12 PM
Some of the World’s Greatest Ballet Dancers Set for an ‘Iconique’ Dinner Gala at Old Fort Bay Club
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 04:00 PM
BTC restores services to Grand Bahama customers following network sabotage
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 03:40 PM
CIBC FirstCaribbean Backs Bahamas Feeding Network in Fight Against Hunger
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 03:21 PM
The Bahamas Feeding Network (BFN) has remained at the forefront of the hunger fight while also battling a dramatic decrease in donations. Last month alone, BFN provided over 6,000 meals to families across the country.
The not-for-profit food and resource collection and distribution hub focuses on maximizing the effectiveness of feeding programs, minimizing service duplication, and improving collaboration among feeding centers and programs across New Providence and the Family Islands.
CIBC FirstCaribbean assisted BFN in its efforts with a financial donation prior to the holiday season. The bank’s Managing Director, Jacqui Bend, underscored that CIBC FirstCaribbean remains committed to supporting initiatives that make a tangible difference in the countries it serves.
"As part of CIBC FirstCaribbean's ongoing commitment to community, we are immensely proud to support the Bahamas Feeding Network. Our donation represents not just a financial contribution, but a heartfelt commitment to physical wellbeing. The work of the Bahamas Feeding Network is both inspiring and essential, and we at CIBC FirstCaribbean are honored to be a part of this noble cause devoted to wiping out hunger.”
BFN is dedicated to raising approximately $25,000 each month to purchase groceries for its partner ministries. These ministries, in turn, either cook food for distribution or provide parcels directly to those in need.
Bahamas Feeding Network’s Executive Director, Nicolette Fountain Archer said that during a period where donations have decreased and distribution frequency and quantity had to be cut back, CIBC FirstCaribbean’s donation was a beacon of hope. The donation ensured that hundreds of families did not face food scarcity in December, a time when BFN had to reduce grocery amounts in parcels from 14 to 8 meals.
Ms. Fountain Archer said ‘thank you’ hardly seems enough to express the depth of gratitude felt by the BFN team and those they serve. She noted the donation from CIBC FirstCaribbean is more than just a contribution, it is a lifeline that brings joy and sustenance to families in need.
“When businesses and individuals like CIBC FirstCaribbean donate, we are able to answer the call for parcels of food needed by numerous families. It is the difference between a full tummy for a family, most often with children, and going to bed hungry.”
Bahamas Feeding Network highlighted that Quality Care Pharmacy is hosting a Fun Run and Walk this Saturday, February 3, 2024, with BFN as the chosen beneficiary. For more information, to make a donation, or to participate, individuals are encouraged to contact the Bahamas Feeding Network.
Ms. Fountain-Archer added, “Our tagline says, ‘Hunger hurts, but together we can wipe it out’. We thank CIBC FirstCaribbean for joining us in this fight.”
Colina Insurance Supports 5th Annual Cancer Society of The Bahamas Golf Tournament
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 03:03 PM
Elon Musk: Neuralink Implants Brain Chip In First Human
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 02:59 PM
Maldivian Lawmakers Brawl During Parliament Session
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 02:59 PM
U.S. Pres. Says He Has Decided Response To Jordan Attack
Wed, Jan 31st 2024, 02:58 PM